Pecan Pumpkin Pie
These pumpkin pecan squares stray slightly from the traditional pumpkin pie, it has a graham cracker and pecan crust. Mmm, can you taste it already? I wish I came up with this idea, but I found it on the Eagle Brand website. I tweaked it just a little to cater to my family’s tastebuds.
This recipe is the perfect potluck item if your name’s down for dessert this Thanksgiving. It can also be another tasty lunchbox treat if you substitute the pecans with an additional 3/4 cup of graham crackers.
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups pureed pumpkin (or canned)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for glass dish).
- Mix: butter, coconut, graham cracker crumbs and nuts in a medium bowl.
- Keep 1/2 cup of crumb mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into the bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour the mixture over prepared crust and top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled.