Here are 5 ways my family and I use baking soda in our home, apart from baking.
1. Oven Cleaner
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of Dawn dish soap
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- Mix everything into a paste.
- Apply generously to the inside of your oven.
- Let it sit overnight or for at least an hour.
- Use a damp cloth or the rough side of the sponge to remove some of the more stubborn stains.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 3 drops of tea tree oil
- 6 drops of essential oils of your choice (optional)
- Mix baking soda and cornstarch.
- Add coconut, tea tree and essential oils.
- Place mixture into a jar.
- Use your fingers to heat coconut oil and apply to your arm pits.
3. Teeth Stains
Keep in mind this not a one-time solution and should only be done once a week. You will first notice the week’s stains disappear; soon, you’ll gradually see whiter teeth.
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of lime
- Brush your teeth with the mixture.
- Let it sit for a minute before washing it off.
Remember only do this once a week because the acid from the lime will weaken the enamel on your teeth.
4. Coffee Lovers
As much as I love coffee, there are times coffee upsets my stomach. I recently learnt adding baking soda to my coffee helps neutralize the acidity in coffee. Being the only one in our home who drinks coffee; I add a tiny pinch of baking soda to my coffee press. If you’re making a pot of coffee, add a quarter teaspoon of baking soda.
5. Acid Reflux
Here’s to you, grandma. Dissolve half a teaspoon of baking soda in half a glass of water. According to Healthline.com, it’s best to sip the mixture slowly.
I hope our family’s tried and tested baking soda solutions can benefit you and your family too.
Share this and tag me into your baking soda solutions @TriednTriumphed.