You Gotta Try This!
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Puree for a minute, or until the desired consistency.
- Taste and season with extra salt, pepper and cumin if needed.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container for 3 to 4 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- Serve cold, topped with your choice of garnishes.
- 6 slices of bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning,
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the bread chunks in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with seasoning; mix evenly.
- Spread the bread cubes on the baking sheet.
- Bake until golden, turn the bread halfway through cooking about 15-20 depending on the thickness.
- Remove from oven, and let cool completely.
- Use immediately, or store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
DISCLAIMER: Posts published on triedntriumphed.com are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease or health issue. Always consult your GP or a qualified healthcare provider regarding a medical condition, as well as any diet, exercise or other any other physical or mental health-related post on this site.I do not receive any remuneration for products or services mentioned on this site.