Our family enjoys a meatless meal at least once a week. Sticking with the summer light meal menu, here’s another family favourite. It’s also a winning appetizer to wow your guests. And don’t forget to pair it with the super simple peanut sauce.
And for all the students leaving for your dorm life soon, no stove is needed, it’s the perfect meal to impress your roomies.
Just one thing before you start, once all the veggies are ready, only soak one sheet at a time. I learned the hard way. Before we knew what deconstructed anything was, we had deconstructed veggie rice plates, lol.
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 cup sliced cabbage or sub with slaw
- 2 julienned carrots
- 1 julienned cucumber
- 1 sliced bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped Thai basil (optional)
- 12 sheets of rice paper*
- Soak one sheet of rice paper in warm water for about 10 seconds in a bowl larger than the rice paper*
- Layer veggies on one side of the Rice sheet
- Roll veggies once then fold the two sides in gently and continue to roll forward to the end.
- If your rice paper sticks to the surface, consider using a lint-free cloth underneath.
Tip: I add a pinch of salt to the water that I soak the rice paper in*
Simple Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
All that’s left is for everyone to enjoy!